proud owner of a C6

Reviews and questions about new and old equipment.
Share with us your latest purchase or discuss equipment that you are currently using
Amartin

proud owner of a C6

#1 Post by Amartin » Mon May 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi all,
just wanted to post that ive now acquired a C6 (baby brother to the C8 - owned by Ross & Dean et al...).
I managed to pick it up from UK astro buy/sell for the bargain price of £250. It included a metal case, a celestron 10mm eyepiece, star diagonal, bobs nobs & other bits & bats.
Dean will be having a look at it for me tonight & hopefully i'll be able to bring it in to one of our sessions to have the rest of you guys (hopefully) give it the seal of approval!
Catch you all at the next meet.
Cheers
Andy

DRatledge

Re: proud owner of a C6

#2 Post by DRatledge » Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Andy,
One of our members, Graham, has one and took it down to Kelling Heath a couple of times. I can recall looking at Jupiter through it and it was very impressive!
David

Amartin

#3 Post by Amartin » Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks David,
I took it round to Deans last night & we (the royal we!!!) setup my C6 on my EQ5 goto which i haven't been able to do yet. It was fantastic - we managed a good viewing of the crescent of Venus as well as developing an unhealthy interest in a spider crawling up a lamp-post (when setting the zeroing the finderscope & eyepiece view - not an arachnid perversion!!!)

Looking at the weather tonight, i think i'll be giving it another outing!!!
Cheers
Andy

dean_kos

#4 Post by dean_kos » Tue May 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Well I dont know about you but I thought the spider was a particularly nice one !! ;) :roll:

Amartin

#5 Post by Amartin » Wed May 23, 2012 1:31 pm

It was a rather nice looking specimen!

PMiskiw

#6 Post by PMiskiw » Wed May 23, 2012 1:52 pm

After Davids talk on the constellations and your discussions on the merit of the spider why not place it in the heavens and give it a name.
Cheers,
Peter.

dean_kos

#7 Post by dean_kos » Wed May 23, 2012 8:12 pm

hmmmmm, got me thinking now Peter....... Watch this space !!