It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Motorfocus for celestron sct
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 pm 
Big thanks to Brian and Ross for putting together this motorfocus for me for my sct. The picture shows the marvellous piece of engineering by Brian that fits onto the focus knob. Just out of shot is a little black box of tricks made by Ross that holds the electronics and a battery to power the device. It seems to work great so all I need now is a clear night to test it out, and now I have this it means I can run everything from indoors now and dont need to sit outside in cold at the laptop !! Thanks guys :D :D

Attachments:
IMG_4677.JPG
IMG_4677.JPG [ 116.54 KiB | Viewed 2966 times ]

Post subject: Re: Motorfocus for celestron sct
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 pm 

Nice one Dean. I am in the process of insulating my shed so that I can do some observing protected from the worst of the elements. An electric focuser is on my want list and I wonder if Brian and Ross might consider making one for my Meade lx200 suitably rewarded of course.

Post subject: Re: Motorfocus for celestron sct
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:47 pm 
I managed to try out the motorfocus last night and try to run everything from indoors, it worked a treat, better than expected in fact. I was able to achieve focus no problem at all and even found that there was no need to include a slow setting on the controller ..... although this can help in fine tuning the focus, so all in all I'm really pleased with it and it will be well used in the future.
Many thanks again to Brian and Ross for putting this together for me.