EQ5 GOTO

Reviews and questions about new and old equipment.
Share with us your latest purchase or discuss equipment that you are currently using
Amartin

EQ5 GOTO

Post by Amartin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Well after last night & discussing it for ages, I've finally taken the plunge & ordered an EQ5 GOTO mount. Ordered it from F1 telescopes, it came with the polarscope & the 12v lead - which some companies were charging extra for...
I'm going to have to save up for something juicy to stick on the top of it...oh let's say a star wave apochromatic refractor.... ;)
We'll have to see how that pans out (translates into when wife says I've been a good enough boy!)
Catch you all soon
Cheers
Andy

bbones

Re: EQ5 GOTO

Post by bbones » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Andy

Let me know how you get on, what scope do you have?

Cheers

Bill
SkyWatcher HEQ5
Sky-Scan EQ3-2
Celestron C8
SkyWatcher 80ED Apro
Sky-Watcher Skymax-127 SynScan AZ GOTO
Canon 600D
Canon 400D
Opticstar PX-35C COOLAIR CCD camera

Amartin

Post by Amartin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Bill,
I sold my 6inch Newtonian & EQ3-2 mount last month, so as of now I've got a good platform & nothing to sit on it!!!
I will rectify that in a few months, but for now I guess i'll just use different society scopes to ensure I'll be heading in the right direction for my interests -astrophotography & viewing planets & nebulae... Which is pointing to an apochromatic refractor like the society's starwave unit.
Cheers
Andy

bbones

Post by bbones » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 am

Hi Andy
Well done, sounds like a good plan, at least your able to spend some time setting it up and getting to grips with the polar scope
Catch you later
Bill
SkyWatcher HEQ5
Sky-Scan EQ3-2
Celestron C8
SkyWatcher 80ED Apro
Sky-Watcher Skymax-127 SynScan AZ GOTO
Canon 600D
Canon 400D
Opticstar PX-35C COOLAIR CCD camera