It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Webcam/slr lense bracket
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:58 pm 
Hi all, as you have probably gathered I have been well and truly 'hooked' on the whole webcam imaging subject and am getting some good results now thanks to Ross' help and advice. He has just completed a long exposure modified phillips webcam conversion for me to enable me to experiment further ......much appreciated ........ I need to ask a favour of one of our other experts or even set a challenge for one, I wonder if anyone could make a bracket just like the aluminium ones made for the societies webcam/lense kits, in fact, the exact same dimensions but to accept olympus mount lenses ...... The ones already made ( by Brian i believe, forgive me if im wrong) are top notch and do the job perfectly, I just wonder if one could be made to accept olympus lenses.

Thanks
Dean.

Post subject: Re: Webcam/slr lense bracket
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:37 pm 

I am sure Brian could make the bracket (for a nominal cost) but the problem is the Olympus bayonet mount to take the lens. However, adapters are available on ebay for around £10 - these are designed to enable the Olympus lenses to be used on other equipment - there is one for fitting them on Canon cameras. One of these mounted on a bracket should to the trick.

Post subject: Re: Webcam/slr lense bracket
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 pm 
Thanks Dave, will have a look for one now.
Of course, if Brian would be kind enough to have a bash at one for me i would make sure he wasn't out of pocket and sort him out for his time, i wouldnt dream of expecting something for nothing.
I thought it may be a bit tricky to engineer one to take the olympus lenses but if i can find an adaptor that will fit the same thread then that will be perfect.
Just thought that now Ross has made me this fine new camera it deserves more than a piece of wood to be sat in ... :D
Thanks again.