It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Using webcams
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:47 am 
I gave this program a try and added my SLR and scope to the database. Some of the objects were larger than I was expecting although Saturn remains disappointingly small.

Do you know what values to use for the SPC880 webcam? I expect the sensor size will be very small but I can't find any information.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 am 

It uses the ICX098BQ sensor, so here are the values from my program, using M97 as an example:
Attachment:
File comment: ASSNE's CCD program predicting the view of M97 with a webcam attached to an 8" f/3.3 'scope
m97view.jpg
m97view.jpg [ 96.52 KiB | Viewed 2525 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:56 pm 
just a word or caution for those using the webcam kits ...... when placing the webcam eyepice adapter into the aluminium bracket take care when fastnening the small screw to hold the eyepice adapter into the bracket so as not to screw it in to far..... I did just that last night and cracked the little glass filter whithin the adapter and needed to remove it...... luckily my slr lenses have filters on them but the society ones dont ..... take care as this is so easily done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:10 pm 
Here is the finished setup for my webcam imaging, Camera made by Ross (with the wilkinson long exposure switch clearly visible), aluminium bracket made by Brian and the 135mm olympus lense. I attached a red dot finder to aid with aiming the camera, especially with the higher magnification lenses but works really well with the standard 50mm lense also. Thanks to both Ross and Brian for their help with this they work superbly.

Attachments:
File comment: webcam plus red dot finder, bracket and lense
IMG_3191.JPG
IMG_3191.JPG [ 22.47 KiB | Viewed 2511 times ]