DSLR Workshop 17th July

DRatledge

DSLR Workshop 17th July

#1 Post by DRatledge » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Carl has uploaded Tuesday's presentation on DSLR imaging and image processing. Also included as the last slide is the workflow chart I handed out.
It is to be found under Member's Area/Library/Tuesday Tutorials

bholmes

Re: DSLR Workshop 17th July

#2 Post by bholmes » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm

David,
Many thanks for a very comprehensive presentation on Tuesday. I am in the early stages of using a DSLR and found IRIS a bit unwieldy but feel more confident about having another go now, if only I can get some decent images.

Amartin

#3 Post by Amartin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 pm

I'd echo Bernies sentiments - a tantalising insight into where I'm aspiring to get my knowledge of astro photography, again, I just need to take some decent shots!!!
Thanks for a fantastic session on Tuesday
Cheers
Andy

bbones

#4 Post by bbones » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:36 am

Hi David

Already been and got it, superb tutorial, just need some practise and some help

Cheers

Bill

DRatledge

#5 Post by DRatledge » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Bernie/Andy/Bill,
Glad you were able to follow it. I threw you all in at the deep-end! They were real world images with real world problems. There never is a simple set of images - unless you image in the New Mexico desert!
Any queries post it on the forum or just drop me an email - there is invariably a solution whatever the issues that crop up.
I'll copy the image set (plus another set of the Flaming Star nebula) to CD and (if I can remember) bring some copies along to the next meeting.

Amartin

#6 Post by Amartin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks Dave,
Im in panic mode at the moment - ive been given the golden pass to pack my setup in the boot of the car by Michelle (wife) for our holiday to France - i just want to iron out any schoolboy errors before we set off as 1 of our stops in in the Alps - which i imagine will be amazing for imaging & want to maximize the opportunity while im there (hence the post on a DSLR masterclass!) to capture some brilliant shots. I'd be inconsolable if i went out there & fluffed it due to not really knowing what i'm doing.

Cheers
Andy