Last month, whilst searching out my stereoscopic slides I found a box of 35mm transparencies labelled "astro", which were some of my early pre-CCD experiments at imaging. Three of these were clearly of a comet, but were contaminated by Bristol's light-pollution (and had pretty bad vignetting too):I had a 120mm f/5 achromat at the time, so it was probably taken through that.
I'm not even sure which comet this was, but the film was processed in September 2002, so it's likely to have been 153P/Ikeya-Zhang from earlier in the summer.
Anyway, as I had a set of three images (taken with bracketed exposures), I thought that it may be worthwhile to scan them and have a go at stacking and processing in IRIS:
That worked pretty well, so next I'll see if I can find the slides which I took from near Uluru (Ayer's Rock) earlier that year...
Blog the previous nights viewing. Link to images on the gallery or simply describe what you observed the night before. Leave the technical and howto in another forum.
1 post • Page 1 of 1