Imaging on the shortest night

Blog the previous nights viewing. Link to images on the gallery or simply describe what you observed the night before. Leave the technical and howto in another forum.
bchamberlain

Re: Imaging on the shortest night

#11 Post by bchamberlain » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:46 am

m57_first.jpg
m57_first.jpg (139.98 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
After a lot of advice From David and Ross who kindly paid me a visit the other evening, I'm looking forward correcting quite a few mistakes. Poor focuser alignment & collimation now sorted. Incorrect use of the coma corrector and a few other things. I didn't have IRIS set up correctly either.
Here's a couple of images massively improved by Ross. I hope I can repeat what we went through.
Attachments
m13_first.jpg
m13_first.jpg (247.32 KiB) Viewed 2612 times

Amartin

#12 Post by Amartin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi Bill
Why don't you put them on the gallery instead of posting them in the forum?

bchamberlain

#13 Post by bchamberlain » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Didn't think my stuff was good enough for the gallery Andy. That is, till Ross worked on them. I'll bear that in mind when it's all my own efforts.

Amartin

#14 Post by Amartin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:33 pm

if its good enough to post on the forum - its good enough for the gallery Bill. Remember, the gallery isn't just for polished items, its for offering up an image & asking for constructive criticism & where better imagers like Dave & Gerald can tell you where you can improve. I always ask for comments. Otherwise - how do you get better & progress?