It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 pm 
Hello everyone....

Just a quick note to say thank you....

The societys talks and helping information has been, and still is fantastic. Both my son and myself find the evenings very interesting whilst not being to over scientific and easy to understand.
We have found the world of astronomy and astrophotography to be a long learning process frought with many many instances of trial and error often followed by disappointment, however, the society has helped fast track us to whithin the realms of success on both observing and photography. The trust placed on us whilst we borrow society equipment is outstanding, enabling us to use equipment that maybe we would love to try but cant yet afford, and the personal help by members is much appreciated. I would just like to thank Ross for all his time explaining things for us via e-mail and for his encouragement during our experiments in astrophotography, he is a credit to the society and goes to great lengths to explain things clearly for us ensuring we get the results we want.
Thanks
Dean and Lewis.

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm 

Thanks for the feedback Dean. I too have suffered the frustrations that you have experienced and being part of the society has helped.

We’ve moved forward since moving from the Bolton TIC, I feel it brought us back down to earth and there are no doubt about Ross’s contributions. His constant persistence to detail and encouragement is a credit to himself and his profession as an electronics expert.

Len providing monthly newsletters is a welcome addition. A thanks to members of the committee who ensure coffee and tea is available, along with setting out the room helps ensure an enjoyable evening is had by all.

This year has certainly set the bench mark for next year.

Carl Stone
(BAS Club Secretary)

EQ Mod
QHY5 Guide camera
Cannon 1000D SLR Camera

I choose to image with an 11" SCT Celestron in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard......

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:32 pm 

Many thanks for those kind words. I'm proud to be part of a successful team, and I'd like to pay tribute to the long-standing Committee Members who have helped to build up the Society over the last 30 years, and have given newcomers like Carl and myself their encouragement and support.

Aspects of this hobby can be a very technically demanding, but we have a great wealth of expertise within the Club, and I'm delighted that we're finding more and more ways to help share this with our Members.

And a lot of credit is also due to Carl, for stepping up to the plate and assuming the role of Secretary, as well as setting up this web-site - and for providing the original inspiration for all our CCD camera conversion projects!

But the biggest thanks go you - all our Members!
I see that Membership subscriptions are already up by 60% on previous years - and at this rate we'll soon need to move to a bigger room!

So thanks for your support, and please do let us have your suggestions on how we can do even better in the coming year...